Director of Development and Alumni Relations
Ms. Bruce has been a fundraising professional for over 15 years, and has extensive experience expanding and/or creating fundraising programs. She received her CFRM form the School of Philanthropy at Indiana University.
Her career began at her alma mater, at Morgan State University, during the New Horizons campaign. She assisted with donor relations, major giving, and donor events management. The campaign was successful and surpassed its original goal.
Over the years, Ms. Bruce has worked for The Ohio State University, George Mason University, and most recently for the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD). While at AASLD she was responsible for raising about $2 million per year and helped launch the AASLD Foundation in 2015.
Ms. Bruce has published several articles on the topic of fundraising such as:
- Improve Cold Calls with Shakespeare
- Defining Special Events for the Development Office
- Pushing Them Over the Edge: Getting Major Donors to Make the Gift
- Not All Major Donors Make Major Gifts
- How Can My Organization Benefit from a Special Event
- Four Steps to the Perfect Cultivation Event
She has also been a speaker and lead seminars on fundraising at:
- AFG Annual Conference ; Leveraging Your Annual Meeting for Fundraising Success
- Center for Non-Profit Success Major Gift Seminar Series: Preparing your Organization for a Major Gift Program
- Center for Non-Profit Success Major Gifts Fundraising Summit: Soliciting your Prospects
Heidi Bruce, MBA, CFRM
2100C Marie Mount Hall
Office of Undergraduate Studies
University of Maryland, College Park MD 20742